using deimos.portaudio

Samuele Carcagno sam.carcagno at gmail.com
Fri May 18 20:26:40 PDT 2012

On Saturday, 19 May 2012 at 02:54:22 UTC, 1100110 wrote:
> On Fri, 18 May 2012 21:31:57 -0500, Samuele Carcagno
> <sam.carcagno at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Pa_OpenStream
>
> Does the result of calling Pa_GetVersionText() closely match
> the version of the library installed on your computer?
>
> I use Debian as well, and it's not exactly known for speedy
> updates...
> If your version is too old you'll probably have to backport the
> changes or compile a newer version.
>
> (both are relatively easy.)
>
> Did you call the initialization before trying this?

Pa_GetVersionText() gives me:
PortAudio V19-devel (built Nov 25 2010)

the version of the deb for portaudio19-dev is 19+svn20071022-3

so I guess I should try compiling a newer version of portaudio
to use it with d.

I also have a wheezy install and an Ubuntu Precise install, that
probably have newer portaudio versions. Unfortunately when I try
to install portaudio-v19 on those boxes though, synaptic wants to
remove
audacity, ardour and jackd stuff, but I will let it do that
just to see if I can get the d program to compile with the
portaudio
version available there.

Thanks for the help!