druntime investigation troubles

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 14:01:56 PDT 2012

On Tue, 22 May 2012 15:16:30 -0400, Denis Shelomovskij
<verylonglogin.reg at gmail.com> wrote:

> 21.05.2012 2:13, Alex Rønne Petersen написал:

>>> Have a look again. It's only called on Posix:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/blob/7d663821d39cfe8874cb95b0df46b5065a770cef/src/rt/dmain2.d#L364
>>>

>> I stand corrected. I had no idea about the magic involved here!
>>
>> The proprietary Windows tool chain is seriously problematic...
>>

> So can anybody do something with it? At least document a bit what does
> proprietary part do.

It looks like code that is not called on Windows.  Which doesn't make
sense.  It would seem that you must initialize a critical section in order
to use it.

I can't find any reference to STI_monitor in dmd, dmc, or druntime source
code, except those calls that are done for Posix only.  This isn't some
closed-source mystery, I think it is just unused code.

Sean, does this make sense?  Are we using uninitialized critical sections?

-Steve