speeding up + ctfe question

maarten van damme maartenvd1994 at gmail.com
Sun May 27 05:10:29 PDT 2012

thank you :)

I wrote a sieve of aristotle because atkin's sieve needed waay to many
optimizations to beat aristotle's sieve by even a little bit so I
wanted to see if aristotle's was good enough.

I ran in two problems. It was extremely fast when sieving a byte array
of 1 million entries (without optimizations at all) but when trying
with 10_000_000 entries the program crashes before it even starts to
execute (main isn't reached).

Then I decided to benchmark the code and dmd fails to compile with
"Internal error: ..\ztc\cgcs.s 354".

I assume the first problem has to do with memory limits and that the
second is a little dmd bug. code is at
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15024434/d/aristotleSieve.d