Converting from string to enum by name

Jarl André" <jarl.andre at gmail.com> Jarl André" <jarl.andre at gmail.com>
Tue May 29 04:20:25 PDT 2012

On Monday, 28 May 2012 at 18:53:50 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 05/28/2012 11:50 AM, "Jarl André" <jarl.andre at gmail.com>"
> wrote:
>
> > 1. Is there a way to convert from string "INFO" to
> LogLevel.INFO, by name?
>
> conv.to can do that:
>
> import std.conv;
>
> enum LogLevel { ALL, INFO, WARNING }
>
> void main()
> {
>     enum l = to!LogLevel("INFO");
>     assert(l == LogLevel.INFO);
> }
>
> > 2. does it really not exist any functional logging libraries
> for D2?
>
> There has been discussions about that not too long ago.
>
> Ali

Thanks. I have now implemented a logging library that actually
looks to imitate log4j. If I log to any level then it checks if
the current logLevel is equal to or lesser than the incoming
loglevel. It might be using the wrong scale, e.g. ALL is 6 and
OFF is 0, but it works. And its not really log4j so who cares ;)