Build / Package system

Sputnik sputnik at gmail.com
Wed May 30 11:53:57 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 30 May 2012 at 13:06:40 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2012-05-30 10:13, Sputnik wrote:
>> There is a build and/or package managment system for D2 that is
>> working?
>> I googled, and I only can find things like dsss or cmaked that
>> don't get updated from a long time ago.
>>
>> I really need to manage to get a project to compile in Windows
>> and Linux. Actually the code not have any OS dependence, so the
>> real diferences in each OS are the linking to gtkd and how and
>> where install the project. Actually I'm using a makfile in
>> Linux
>> that works well, but I can't use it in windows for thing like
>> pkg-config.
>
> You can get quite far buy using a shell script and rdmd for
> building applications:
>
> $ rdmd --build-only <options> main.d

rdmd lloks to work well, escept for two things:

1) I only can compile with dmd. What happend if I like to use gdc
to compile ?

2) I need to put the same flags for linking and includes for gtkd
that I use in the makefile. I like to have something more OS
agnostic of say to the compiler/builder to include gtkd.