Current status of DLLs

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Wed Nov 7 12:35:40 PST 2012

Am 07.11.2012 21:31, schrieb DypthroposTheImposter:
>   thanks, do you happen to know which D compilers can output to a format
> that is capable of linking with visual studio(specifically 2012) C++?
> Ya I'm ok with the C interface, kinda what I expected..

The best option would be to use the digital mars c++ compiler to compile
your c++ part and link that against your D code compiled with dmd. The
same could be done with the gcc toolset, so compile your c++ code with
g++ and your D code with gdc and then link it.

The current developement version of dmd is able to put out a visual
studio compatible object file but only in 64-bit mode. And its experimental.

For interface to c++ you might want to read the documentation. It does
not have to be entierly C-Style.
http://dlang.org/cpp_interface.html

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut