hashes of hashes not supported

Dan dbdavidson at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 09:58:26 PST 2012

On Friday, 9 November 2012 at 17:27:18 UTC, Maxim Fomin wrote:

> Experimenting on dpaste site shows that error message was fixed
> in trunk (you can select compiler version there).

Excellent tool - I'll use it more. I'm using a version of the
trunk from not long ago and the dmd version output from "dmd -v"
is 2.061. dpaste does not provide 2.061 as an option. The
difference in error messages is between 2.060 and 2.061 (i.e. if
I use my 2.060 I see same message as you - more detailed==better).

>> I don't think making postblit accept const works - did it for
>> you? If you just mean "this(const this)" it does make it
>> compile - but that postblit is not called.
>>

> Making parameter to be const solves that problem.

Not to me. Sorry if I'm missing something, but a solution would
be that it not only compile, but it invoke my this(const this)
postblit, which unless I'm missing something it does not.

> Look at this: http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/1f60055d. It is a
> combination of original code and code above. It fails to
> compile, but commenting this(this) makes dmd happy.
> Alternatively you can comment S[S[string]] w1, w2 and
> everything also works fine.

Look at this: http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/95d40612
I commented out this(this) and dmd is happy, but I am not because
nothing is printed. This is quite bad because I think I'll be
duping all my members but it won't get called and sharing will
ensue. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Dan