no size for type nothrow extern (Windows) int()

cal callumenator at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 19:28:29 PST 2012

On Sunday, 11 November 2012 at 02:55:09 UTC, Alex Rønne Petersen
wrote:
> Can you give a self-contained repro that illustrates the
> problem?
>
> Also, please use core.sys.windows.windows instead. The std.c.*
> package is going to be deprecated soon-ish.

import core.sys.windows.windows;

void main()
{
   FARPROC addr1, addr2;
   auto ptr = VirtualAlloc(null, addr2-addr1, 0x00001000, 0x40);
}

I just discovered while reducing it what the error message means:
FARPROC is not void* like I thought, but (int function()), so it
can't be used like I tried to do above. The compiler message was
a little cryptic, but obvious in hindsight. Thanks!