alias this versus opDot

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Sun Nov 11 13:16:14 PST 2012

On Sunday, 11 November 2012 at 20:38:21 UTC, Namespace wrote:
> I have this code: http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/131ca7e9
> Why I get these error messages if I try to use a @property
> method with alias this? And why it works fine if I use opDot?

Where is opDot described in the D spec?

.. OK I found this thread, it's been depreciated
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/learn/opDot_alias_this_37533.html

No answer on opStar though.

In any event, the problem you are experiencing could be related
to the broken template system. We've been having a trouble
defining templates of structures that are perfectly legit and
work fine when the type is specified in non-templated form.

Try the same code in non-template form to see if it works or not.

--rt