Inferring function argument types from other argument types

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Mon Nov 12 06:55:42 PST 2012

On 11/12/2012 03:30 PM, bearophile wrote:
> Making your code work is an enhancement request, but I remember hara saying it's
> a significant change.

Well, I'm not wedded to the pseudo-syntax I proposed -- I'm just curious if
there is any other way to meaningfully determine the type of one function
argument based on the type of another.  Hence the playing with different
template argument formulations.

It just feels really difficult to believe that the generic programming in D
doesn't extend to allowing you to infer one argument type based on another.

> So you need to use something like isConvertible.

I'll take a look at that.  Thanks very much!