Can I call the default opAssign after overloading opAssign?

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Sun Nov 18 22:21:10 PST 2012

I think you've cleared things up for me.

When I define an opAssign, I'm not really overriding a default
opAssign, because there is none, instead I'm overriding the
default behavior which is to perform a memcopy-like operation.

So if I defined an opAssign function, but for some odd reason I
wanted to execute the default assignment behavior, then I can
still do it by performing a memcopy-like operation, perhaps best
done using the C libs memcopy function.

Correct?

--rt