Can I call the default opAssign after overloading opAssign?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Nov 25 04:23:18 PST 2012

On Sunday, November 25, 2012 12:05:36 monarch_dodra wrote:
> AFAIK, there is no "official spec". And even if there was, the
> "de-facto" spec *is* TDPL... minus everything that could have
> changed since it's printing.

The online docs are the official spec. They're just not necessarily complete or
up-to-date, making it so that there is no definitive answer when the compiler,
the spec, and/or TDPL conflict. _Usually_ TDPL wins out on such arguments, but
not always.

Regardless, the online docs clearly need to be improved before you can
implement a compiler for the language based purely on the spec.

- Jonathan M Davis