Error: SIMD vector types not supported on this platform

jerro a at a.com
Mon Nov 26 14:43:09 PST 2012

On Monday, 26 November 2012 at 21:41:01 UTC, Michael wrote:
>> You can use them now with GDC. You can download Windows
>> binaries at https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/downloads.
>
> It's has some dependencies that is hard to find.

You need to download this file (it's an installer for tdm gcc
4.6.1):

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tdm-gcc/files/TDM-GCC%20Installer/Previous/1.1006.0/tdm64-gcc-4.6.1.exe/download

run it, and install mingw-w64. After that you need to download
the most recent binary package of GDC from here:

https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/downloads/gcc-4.6.1-tdm64-1-gdc-20121117-D2.060.7z

and extract it inside the directory where you have installed
mingw-w64, replacing any existing files with the same name. That
has always worked for me.

I don't know when dmd on windows will get SIMD support.