telnet and D

1100110 0b1100110 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 09:37:26 PST 2012

On 11/27/2012 01:56 PM, maarten van damme wrote:
> Haven't looked at vibe.d yet because it looked more like a library for
> writing web apps and  normal sockets should be enough.
>

> Didn't know about Tango, I'll try deciphering the original d1 module.

... I mean no offense, but that sounds painful.

vibe.d is very modular, just import what you need.
I hate to push it, but it has very good documentation and examples.

Its designed for web apps, but it makes a nice little web library as well.

import vibe.vibe;

void main()
{
     auto client = new HttpClient;
     client.connect("www.google.com", 80);

     auto res = client.request((req){
         req.url = "/";
     });

     logInfo("Response: %d", res.statusCode);

     foreach( k, v; res.headers )
         logInfo("Header: %s: %s", k, v);

     (new NullOutputStream).write(res.bodyReader);
     client.disconnect();