how to call std_stdio_static_this from a dynamically loaded shared library (osx)

timotheecour thelastmammoth at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 23:56:43 PDT 2012

Thanks for the links. Ya, I did see those threads and I
understand there are limitations with dynamic load shared
libraries, however, your answer is not very helpful. We shouldn't
have to wait until they get 100% support to start using them (who
knows when that happens); some applications just require them (eg
writing matlab mex files).

In the meantime, the workaround I described above seems to
adequately address the IO problem in shared libraries, it's just
that it requires hacking inside std.stdio. So I'm just wondering
whether I should:
* pull those changes back in phobos
* or if there's an alternative way of doing this

Thanks!