Why are scope variables being deprecated?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Oct 10 08:26:00 PDT 2012

Piotr Szturmaj:

> It seems that we ended up with a solution that was meant to fix
> a language builtin but appears to be worse than that.

This is true, currently the library solution is worse (more
dangerous and more broken) than the precedent built-in feature.
But there is hope to have a good solution someday (mixing library
code and some kind of built-support), while a broken built-in is
not good. Andrei did the right thing: if you don't have a feature
it's kind of easy to add something, while fixing some bad
built-in is rather harder.

Bye,
bearophile