revamped candydoc

Dan dbdavidson at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 08:52:08 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 11 October 2012 at 15:25:37 UTC, Aziz K. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You might also want to check out my solution to generating
> documentation for D projects.

Many thanks Aziz. The produced documentation is very nice! How
hard is it to set up to create that documentation. It may be
what I'm looking for if it is as simple as: include the D packages
you want documented in this config file and then run dil. If much
more
complex, that is fine if there are good instructions. I'm new to
D and just want to get *simple* set up to have nice doc
generation.
I know it's doable since I see nice html docs for phobos and
others
all over. Unfortunately, even with the ddoc web page, I'm not sure
specifically how to get nice docs. For example, say I have two
packages with D code that have already been commented:
- /path/to/package1
- /path/to/package2
What is the shortest path to get nice html? The dlang/ddoc web
page
does a great job explaining how to comment and what the macros
are but
there are no dmd or rdmd command lines showing the use. If I'm not
a web/css guy and I just want reasonably nice docs, I think I just
need some existing style.ddoc file, some style sheets, and a good
command line like:
dmd -v -c -D -Dd/path/to/output/  -I/.../package1 -I/.../package2
/.../package1/*.d /.../package2/*.d

Candydoc is getting me close, but bad links are generated, so
maybe I'm
using it incorrectly. So, if I'm happy with the style on this
page:
http://dlang.org/phobos/index.html
and want that for my own code, is there a tutorial on how to
create
it?

Thanks
Dan