Sorting algorithms

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 02:18:10 PDT 2012

  Been watching online lectures that's going into sorting and
searching, and from what I'm seeing most sorting algorithms (by
using comparison; merge sort, quicksort, etc) and even tree
algorithms peak at O(n log n). So an example area to be sorted
with 16 elements would take on average about 100 compares while
theoretically you can do it in half that number.

  What algorithms get you closest to that optimal value? If there
isn't any I have an idea that may just do it. Either way I'll be
trying to implement it and see how it performs.

  I wonder what happens if I succeed and become famous... O.O