LockingTextWriter/Reader

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 08:37:56 PDT 2012

On Friday, 12 October 2012 at 17:48:40 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> This speeds up output tremendously, but still isn't as good as
> it could be with native D code.

I see.

> What platform?  On Windows, there is the whole issue of CRLF ->
> LF translation.

I tried it on Linux. CRLF was my first thought too, but I didn't
look too much into it since I wasn't sure if was was supposed to
work with binary files at all!

> In my update to stdio (long overdue), I have support for
> reading/writing 5 forms of UTF -- UTF8, UTF16, UTF16LE, UTF32,
> UTF32LE, along with binary read/write support using native D
> buffers, and avoiding locking altogether if your object isn't
> shared.

Yeah, that might be good. (I worry about breaking existing code,
but meh, that's a separate issue.)