Friends?

Alex Rønne Petersen alex at lycus.org
Fri Oct 19 11:01:20 PDT 2012

On 19-10-2012 08:23, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2012-10-18 20:51, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
>> I mean, the 'package' access modifier.
>
> So did I.
>
> class Foo
> {
>      package void foo () {}
> }
>
> Would, according to the spec, imply a virtual method. But as Jonathan
> said, this is a bug in the spec.

What? How is this not an implementation bug? An access modifier
shouldn't have anything to do with whether a method is virtual. If
people want to have a class hierarchy with virtual functions at package
level, let them. This is the most ridiculous arbitrary restriction I
have seen to date. :|

--
Alex Rønne Petersen
alex at lycus.org