Overload resolution (value vs reference)

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 13:54:44 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 21 October 2012 at 22:47:00 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:

> http://dlang.org/function.html#function-overloading
>
> The big thing to remember here is that constness matters more
> than refness when overloads are chosen, so if you want refness
> to matter when choosing an overload, then the constness of the
> overloads must match, and if there's ever a question between
> const and non-const, it's the constness of the argument being
> passed in which wins (e.g. if you have ref T and const ref T,
> then which one gets called depends on whether the argument is
> const or not).

  There any word on if this was going to change? I'm meaning
towards structs/classes with const preference vs non-const
preferences. I recall a while back while trying to make copy/move
functions and I had to completely duplicate the functions so it
would use the right versions.