Narrow string is not a random access range

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 16:41:17 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 23 October 2012 at 23:07:28 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> I think that Andrei was arguing for changing how the compiler
> itself handles arrays of char and wchar so that they wouldn't

As I said last time this came up, we could actually do this today
without changing the compiler. Since string is a user defined
type anyway, we could just define it differently.

http://arsdnet.net/dcode/test99.d

I'm pretty sure that changes to Phobos are even required. (The
reason I called it "String" there instead of "string" is simply
so it doesn't conflict with the string in object.d)