msgpack unresolved question

Jesse Phillips Jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 10:59:39 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 24 October 2012 at 11:19:08 UTC, Dan wrote:
> No answer yet, but the errors look very similar to those run
> into here:
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/Something_wrong_with_dmd_s_-c_command_162601.html
>
> back in March. Wish I knew how that was resolved. When I tried
> to use msgpack my steps were:
>
> - git clone the msgpack project
> - edit my dmd.conf file and add a -I to the src folder of
> msgpack.
> - run rdmd on the .../example/compare_json.d
>
> Thanks
> Dan

It is a linker error. You need to compile the msgpack.d file and
tell the linker where to find it. The simplest way is to just
throw the file on the command line.

dmd compare_json.d msgpack.d

This kind of have some details about what you are doing:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6191772/calling-c-c-functions-in-dynamic-and-static-libraries-in-d/6194392#6194392