GDC build [was: Re: Sort order of dirEntries]

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Fri Oct 26 14:17:42 PDT 2012

On 10/26/2012 06:57 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Hmm. Are the Ubuntu patches incomplete then? I would've thought the
> patches in debian/patches should have taken care of this.

I've posted a follow-up to the d.gnu list, since that's really where this
discussion belongs, but just to say you were probably right to suspect something
was wrong with my application of the patches.  I decided to download a fresh
copy of the apt-get source and reapply the patches; now, with the symlinks
removed, the build proceeds without the errors related to crti.o or header files.

It still falls over in what looks like the same place as last described, though,
even if I try the --disable-lto option. :-(

> Also, if you aren't already, make sure you start with a clean, empty
> objdir everytime you rebuild (I usually run \rm -rf *; configure ...;
> make -j6), because the miserable system doesn't know how to continue
> building from where it left off, and sometimes detritus leftover from
> previous attempts can interfere with the build. You probably already
> know this, but, just to make sure all bases are covered.

Yea, it's what I was doing, removing and making a fresh build.  Re the -j
option, I still find that the build falls over in different ways depending on
whether I use that option or not (cf. my post in d.gnu).