bigint <-> python long

Paul D. Anderson paul.d.removethis.anderson at comcast.andthis.net
Wed Sep 5 12:23:41 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 5 September 2012 at 18:13:40 UTC, Ellery Newcomer
wrote:
> Hey.
>
> Investigating the possibility of providing this conversion in
> pyd.
>
> Python provides an api for accessing the underlying bytes.
>
> std.bigint seemingly doesn't. Am I missing anything?

No, I don't believe so. AFAIK there is no public access to the
underlying array, but I think it is a good idea.

I suspect the reason for not disclosing the details is to
disallow anyone putting the data into an invalid state. But
read-only access would be safe.