How to have strongly typed numerical values?

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Thu Sep 6 05:22:34 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 5 September 2012 at 05:53:49 UTC, anonymous wrote:
> I noticed two flaws in std.units:
> 1) Can't add quantities of the same type (this is probably
> trivial to fix).
> 2) Different scopes don't make different quantity types.

Can you elaborate on that? I must admit that I didn't actively
work on std.units for quite some while now, as general interest
in it seemed to have faded (I'm glad to be proven wrong, though),
but adding quantities of the same type should definitely work.
And what do you mean by "different scopes"? If the unit types are
different, the quantity types should be different as well.

David