bigint <-> python long

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Sep 7 15:58:48 PDT 2012

Ellery Newcomer:

> I had a look at numpy, and at least ndarray supports the new
> style buffer interface (which is pretty freaking complicated),
> so convertion is totally doable. I'll fold in support as soon
> as I can get dmd to stop stabbing me in the face.

If you support NumPy well and efficiently through Pyd, I think
some people will start using the D language just for this :-)

NumPy is good but it usually forces you to program vectorially,
like Matlab. Sometimes this is not nice, so people write some
routines in Fortran, C, etc. With Pyd some scientific programmers
maybe will want to use D instead.

Bye,
bearophile