filter out compile error messages involving _error_

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Sep 9 17:14:30 PDT 2012

On Monday, September 10, 2012 01:52:52 timotheecour wrote:
> Can we filter out compiler errors involving _error_ as template
> parameter?
> Clearly the error is coming from upstream so there's no need to
> even show those.
>
> eg:
> Error: template mypackage.mymodule.myfunction cannot deduce
> template function from argument types !()(_error_)

They're useful, because they give you the instantiation chain, and it makes it
clear why each instantiation is failing. Yes, what you ultimately need to fix
is what's resulting in _error_, but that doesn't mean that the rest is useless
(like knowing _where_ the template was instantiatied from and what arguments
were used to instantiate it). If you don't want to see those, then use

grep -v _error_

on the compiler's output.

- Jonathan M Davis