bigint <-> python long

Ellery Newcomer ellery-newcomer at utulsa.edu
Tue Sep 11 08:30:43 PDT 2012

On 09/10/2012 10:50 PM, Russel Winder wrote:

> Python 2 and Python 3 are totally different in this regard. I don't have
> a obvious proposal to make to avoid having PyD for Python 2 and a
> different PyD for Python 3, but the six package might have some hints as
> it is intended to support creating Python codebases guaranteed to run
> under Python 2 and Python 3.

Pyd doesn't really have a python codebase, I was talking mostly about
PyString_AsString -> PyUnicode_Whatever, since even for Python 2,
unicode is much more appropriate for anything interfacing with D.

For getting pyd to support python 3, its mostly a matter of choosing the
right C API functions, and anyways I have version identifiers I can rely
on if there is divergence.

Wait, CeleriD is python. I might need that six package after all. Thanks
for the tip.