bigint <-> python long

Ellery Newcomer ellery-newcomer at utulsa.edu
Tue Sep 11 22:41:30 PDT 2012

On 09/05/2012 07:10 PM, bearophile wrote:
> Ellery Newcomer:
>
>> Yep.
>
> Oh, good.
>

>> Have any suggestions for supported conversion out of the box?
>
> There are several important cases, like:
>
> Some D lazy ranges <==> Python lazy iterators/generators
>
> array.array <==> D arrays
>
> NumPy arrays <==> D arrays

Welp. I started on NumPy arrays <== D arrays, and it turned out to be
pretty easy. It's in its own function; maybe I'll put it in pyd.extras
or something. But now I have just about all of the above cases working.

Bearophile: would you be interested in contributing some code showcasing
what we can do with numpy? Just, say, a D function operating on D arrays
that does something that maybe numpy doesn't have built in.