undefined reference to `_D6deimos6python6Python12__ModuleInfoZ'

Ellery Newcomer ellery-newcomer at utulsa.edu
Mon Sep 17 21:57:11 PDT 2012

On 09/17/2012 04:16 PM, Ellery Newcomer wrote:
> With a deimos header file, I expect to need only to pass the dpath to it
> and the library it references to dmd, e.g.
>
> stuff
>   - deimos
>    - python
>     - Python.d
>
> dmd <otherstuff> -Istuff -L-lpython2.7
>
> I should not need to actually pass stuff/deimos/python/Python.d to dmd.
>
> Unfortunately, that is currently not the case, and I am having a
> difficult time trying to figure out what is getting in my way.
>
> been thumbing through nm output lately.
>

> Anyone have any suggestions?

Found one little gotcha.

In a templated function in my header file, I make a call to enforce.
When the function is not called [instantiated], all is well. When the
function is called, it generates yon undefined reference to __ModuleInfoZ.

I guess this is because D needs a pointer to the module in order to look
up enforce?