Error: WndProc - nothrow

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 10:47:57 PDT 2012

On 9/18/12, Simon <s.d.hammett at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That's just complete and utter bullshit. A try/catch can be set in
>> WinMain, and any thrown exceptions in WndProc will propagate there.
>>
>> Code:
>> http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/84293982
>>
>> Screenshot:
>> http://i.imgur.com/r5wJh.png
>>

> Hmm, didn't work for me when I ported the Atl windowing stuff.
> And it doesn't work in VC++.
>
> Have they changed D exception mechanism to use Structured exception
> handling?

I think Don has been busy doing that. MSDN says the exceptions are
passed to "higher-level handlers":
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms633573%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

I did have to compile with -g and run the .exe through cv2pdb before
the stacktrace printed proper files and lines.

Also sorry for my harsh words I was in a bad mood yesterday. :)