educational graphics library for D

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Sep 23 11:43:09 PDT 2012

Thomas Koch:

> I'm evaluating D as a language for my computer science
> classses. Can you
> recommend a graphics library which can be used for simple
> graphic
> programming like logo, turtle or processing.org?

What is the age/experience of your students? D is simpler to
learn than C++, but it's not as simple to learn as Python.

A turtle geometry library is probably quite short and easy to do,
so even if it doesn't exist in D, it's not too much work to
create it, on top of some GUI/graphics toolkit.

Regarding graphics there are several options, including full GUI
toolkits like:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/gtkd

There is also a library for plotting numerical data. Maybe others
will give you more links.

Bye,
bearophile