PyD status and tutorials

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Wed Apr 3 05:27:43 PDT 2013

Hello all,

Can anyone advise on where things stand with PyD, in terms of Python version(s)
supported, D version(s) supported, general up-to-dateness and stability?

The writeups on the Dsource page <http://pyd.dsource.org/> look like they
haven't been maintained in a long time, so I presume the Bitbucket repo is now
the current up-to-date location?
https://bitbucket.org/ariovistus/pyd

According to that page it's supported on Linux with Python 2.7 and LDC, with GDC
status unknown.  Are the support issues here down to backend, or is it the
frontend version that matters?  Is it possible to link against PyD built with
LDC with D code built with GDC?

Also, given that the API is being updated, how reliable/stable are PyD/CeleriD
right now?

Finally, any advice on uninstallation/installing new versions when the source is
updated?  Python novice here. :-)

For those who are curious, my particular interest is in using this library in
conjunction with D: http://networkx.github.com/  Don't suppose anyone has
already tried this and has experience to share?

Thanks & best wishes,

    -- Joe