Differing semantics between multidimensional fixed-length array and slice initialization

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 3 08:56:30 PDT 2013

On 04/02/2013 07:28 PM, Chris Cain wrote:> On Wednesday, 3 April 2013 at
01:30:19 UTC, ixid wrote:

 > What's a int*? It's a pointer to an int. Why isn't it a *int, then?

I wonder whether it would complicate syntax? (But * already has so many
meanings that maybe that would not be too bad.)

 > How about [5]int? It's a 5-long array of int. [5][6]int ... It's a
5-long
 > array of 6-long arrays of integers. And so on.

[5] is already an array literal of one element. I would have to be an
exception to the current syntax. Still confusing...

Ali