bug? dmd -o- does not write executable

Timothee Cour thelastmammoth at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 02:04:41 PDT 2013

Sorry but if this is the intent then dmd's help message should make this clear:

"  -o-   do not write object file"
=> "-o-  do not write object file nor executable"

>> Intended. No object files = no way to link the executable.

I was thinking in that case the object files were created in a temp
location and then the executable produced in location specified by
dmd's logic (-of flag or -od or current directory + file name), as is
the case for dmd -run.

right now if you run :
dmd -o- -oftest test.d
it won't produce neither object nor executable, even though -of was
specified. That's extremely confusing.