Strict definition of value types and reference types

Nicholas Smith nmsmith65 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 19:24:58 PDT 2013

Re-wording my last paragraph because of incorrect wording:

In essence, don't all variables act as structs, with different
operator overloads to give different semantics? If so, how do we
classify 'value type' versus 'reference type'? What if I have a
struct whose members are a fixed-length array and a slice, and
different operations act on different members? The only thing I
can really consider to be a variable of a reference type is a
plain reference
to an instance of a class.