Ref and class function calls?

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Wed Apr 17 04:14:36 PDT 2013

On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 12:02:25 +0100, Regan Heath <regan at netmail.co.nz>
wrote:
> So, ultimately encapsulation (one aspect of good design) should lead to
> code which is better in every measurable way, including running faster.

It may not have been 100% clear what I was implying here.  Because
encapsulation makes the code easier to reason about, it makes it easier to
change, and improve.  Therefore, it's easier to improve the performance of
the code.

That, plus the idea that you can and should break encapsulation for a
higher priority concern - which may be performance for example - mean that
encapsulation should not negatively impact any code base.