x64 Link Issues - Can someone please help?

Trey Brisbane tbrisbane at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 20 02:12:52 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 20 April 2013 at 04:46:45 UTC, dnewbie wrote:
>> phobos64.lib(dmain2_4ac_1a5.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
>> external symbol _Dmain referenced in function main
>
> Please add -L/DLL to the command line.

Ahhh ok, thanks! I assumed DMD would have detected the output
file being a DLL and sent this itself, but clearly not.

In any case, the DLL now builds fine, however one of my other
projects in the solution is also refusing to build but for a
different reason.
Here is it's build output:

Building: HookLoader (Debug|x64)

Performing main compilation...

C:\Development\Tools\ResourceCompiler\rc.exe /fo
"obj\Debug\Resources.Win32Manifest.res"
"C:\Development\Projects\EyefinityMaximizer\HookLoader\Resources\Win32Manifest.rc"

Current dictionary:
C:\Development\Projects\EyefinityMaximizer\HookLoader

dmd.exe -debug -gc "obj\Debug\Resources.Win32Manifest.res"
"C:\Development\Projects\EyefinityMaximizer\EyefinityMaximizer\eyemax\WinAPI.d"
"main.d" "HookLoader.def"
"-IC:\Development\Compilers\D\dmd2\src\phobos"
"-IC:\Development\Compilers\D\dmd2\src\druntime\src"
"-odobj\Debug"
"-ofC:\Development\Projects\EyefinityMaximizer\bin\Debug\HookLoader.x64.exe"
-m64

HookLoader.def(1) : warning LNK4017: EXETYPE statement not
supported for the target platform; ignored

HookLoader.def(1) : warning LNK4017: SUBSYSTEM statement not
supported for the target platform; ignored

    Creating library
C:\Development\Projects\EyefinityMaximizer\bin\Debug\HookLoader.x64.lib
and object
C:\Development\Projects\EyefinityMaximizer\bin\Debug\HookLoader.x64.exp

LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF:
file invalid or corrupt

--- errorlevel 1123

Exit code 1123

Build complete -- 1 error, 0 warnings