std.net.curl is not working?

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 11:17:37 PDT 2013

On Friday, 26 April 2013 at 17:55:59 UTC, mab wrote:
> Thank you for answering. But it didnt work.
>
> I get:
> #dmd hello.d -L-lcurl
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcurl
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> --- errorlevel 1
>
> Curl is installed, as also libcurl3.
>
> I forget to mention that i am using "DMD64 D Compiler v2.062".
> Is std.net.curl working in this Version? Because it also didnt
> work on my Windows 7 System.

Do you know what the libcurl library is actually called on your
system? (try "find /usr -name "*curl*.so*" " or "find /usr -name
"*curl*.a*" )

if the name you find is e.g. "libcurl3.so" then you'll have to
use the linker flag -lcurl3 instead of lcurl

p.s. Please don't be offended if you're already fully aware of
this, it's just better to make sure the basics are covered first.