C to D conversion for function

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Mon Apr 29 04:50:20 PDT 2013

On 04/29/2013 12:57 PM, Sumit Raja wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted some help in converting this
>
> void av_log_ask_for_sample(void *avc, const char *msg, ...)
> av_printf_format(2, 3);
>
> from C to D.
>
> I don't know what it means or is called in C to start with so I am a bit
> lost on what to search for.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sumit

av_printf_format is a preprocessor macro that expands to a built-in
compiler attribute which enables compile-time printf-style format string
checking. There is no support for such a feature in any D compiler.

You want

void av_log_ask_for_sample(void* avc, const(char)* msg, ...);

In case you want to preserve the attribute:

struct av_printf_format{ int fmtpos, attrpos; }

@av_printf_format(2, 3) void av_log_ask_for_sample(void* avc,
const(char)* msg, ...);