debugging on Mac OSX

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 06:14:16 PDT 2013

On Monday, 29 April 2013 at 12:46:01 UTC, Daniel Davidson wrote:
> Ho do you debug D executables on mac os x in which debug
> symbols are available (preferably a setup that works in emacs
> with gdb or gud-gdb)?

there is no solid solution as far as i know. you can try build
zerobugs debugger from sources or mac ports(fails for me due to
some libs on mountain lion) which has GUI and supports D, but now
abandoned.

but my way is just to build with -gc and run lldb like this.
$ cd to/your/app/workdir
$ lldb
> start appname
> run
(sry, not used for some time)

if it crashes you will get nice lldb output and so on. maybe one
day someone will do a GUI tool for this or maybe there is already
one idk...

unfortunately mac development is really PITA so i'm just using
VisualD on windows, and then test changes on mac. also i have
tried MonoD both on windows and mac but it has even more
inconvenient than VisualD, doesn't(?) have debugger integration
and its project and file organization just kills me though it has
better code completion...