are mixin string templates with functions removed?

Tofu Ninja emmons0 at purdue.edu
Thu Aug 1 14:38:14 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 1 August 2013 at 20:06:56 UTC, JS wrote:

> the binary file is is 150kB. If I add import std.stdio; It
> jumps to 300kB.

This scares me, it seems to me that the unused import should not
be compiled in. And I frequently hear people talk about the
linker removing unused code, but this proves that it doesn't or
at least not all.

I wonder if this is a matter of something that is possible but
just not implemented properly(or at all, i don't know) in the
linker, or if their is some reason that makes this not possible.