Logging and tracing in D

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Aug 6 10:29:29 PDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 07:22:11PM +0200, Andre Artus wrote:
> -- snip--
> >and you get pretty formatted message in console(add log file
> >writer if needed), and you get "smart" logging for free, in that
> >way it will be generated only for debug mode(in release it will be
> >skipped because of debug specifier).
>
> Thanks, can I take it that there is no official library for this
> kind of thing then? I would think it generally useful. Perhaps it
> can be considered for inclusion into Phobos.

This is strange. I clearly remember some time ago that there was a
logging module in the Phobos review queue. But after the initial
feedback, I haven't heard anything from it since. What's going on? Has
it been abandoned?

Those who've learned LaTeX swear by it. Those who are learning LaTeX swear at it. -- Pete Bleackley