std.net.curl on Windows

Ivan Kazmenko gassa at mail.ru
Fri Aug 9 04:10:52 PDT 2013

On Friday, 9 August 2013 at 10:26:05 UTC, David wrote:
>> Is there an easier way?  How to learn about it?  A detailed
>> instruction
>> (at least as detailed as the steps above) at the top of the
>> manual page
>> (http://dlang.org/phobos/std_net_curl.html) would have been
>> nice...
>> After all, it's a third party library not fully supplied with
>> the compiler.
>
> Thew installer has an option to install curl with D.

Thank you, that's good to know!  And the download page contains
D-compatible libcurl download at the bottom, which I overlooked
(albeit not the current version) - sorry!

Still, the all-platforms zip, which is the first download option
(and so I happily grabbed it), seems to contain neither libcurl
nor sufficient documentation on how to install it.  So my point
that the docs are somewhat lacking is still valid.

Ivan Kazmenko.