How do you profile your apps under windows?

Gary Willoughby dev at nomad.so
Fri Aug 9 11:30:57 PDT 2013

On Friday, 9 August 2013 at 16:39:41 UTC, Alexandr Druzhinin
wrote:
> -profile switch doesn't work for me (nothing happens), so I'm
> curious how to profile?

I had the same problem on Linux where -profile didn't seem to
produce anything. I had a program which ran an infinite loop
running as a daemon. When compiled and run using -profile i'd let
it run for a bit then kill it and nothing was produced. After
much head scratching i implemented a timer in the program that
only ran in debug mode and after the timer expired i raised an
assert fail:

     assert(false);

This exited the program and produced the trace file which i could
then examine. I guess killing the process also killed the
profiler and so never gave me the report.