Compiling DMD/Phobos on OSX (vs linux)

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Aug 12 12:42:43 PDT 2013

On 2013-08-12 18:11, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> Actually, what really took the most time by far was just downloading
> xcode - that sucker's like 1 or 2 gigs!

You can actually just download and install the command line tools. But
I'm not sure if the DMD makefile is setup to handle that. I have know
idea if it will find the SKD and so on.

They're available here:

https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action

Requires a free Apple account. Search for "Command Line Tools". Only 113 MB.

> All in all that wasn't too bad though. The most awkward thing about
> the whole deal was just using an OS that I'm *really* not accustomed
> to ;)

Hehe :)

--
/Jacob Carlborg