scoped imports

Timothee Cour thelastmammoth at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 18:16:35 PDT 2013

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 7:52 AM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling <
joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:

> On Sunday, 18 August 2013 at 09:52:29 UTC, Timothee Cour wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 2:31 AM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling <
>> joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:
>>
>>  On Sunday, 18 August 2013 at 01:33:51 UTC, Timothee Cour wrote:
>>>
>> granted, that's not ideal. How about the other points I mentioned?
>> void fun(){
>> version=A;
>> version(none):
>> }
>>

> Not sure I understand what you're trying to achieve there.

goal1: avoid polluting global module name space:
void fun(){
version=A;
//now the code below in fun() scope has version(A) set
}

goal2:
void fun(){
version(none):
//all the code below this IN THIS FUNCTION becomes versioned out
//(avoids requiring extra {} scope
}