Range-based INI parser

qznc qznc at web.de
Sun Aug 25 13:08:19 PDT 2013

Playing around with ranges I built [0] a little parser for INI
files [1].

It does not support multiline values, since then I cannot do the
line splitting in a different component. Any good architecture
ideas here?

The thing with INI is that the definition is fuzzy. This means
the parser should be highly configurable. What symbols for
key-value-separation? What symbol for comments? Case sensitivity?
Etc. I used template parameters for configuration, since that
should be best for performance. Better ideas?

I like my idea to output a range of (section,key,value) items.
This lets the user decide, what to do with duplicate keys and
avoids data structures for sections.

Would something like this be a good idea for Phobos?

[0] http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/1b29ef20
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INI_file