improve concurrent queue

qznc qznc at web.de
Tue Aug 27 10:35:11 PDT 2013

On Monday, 26 August 2013 at 19:35:28 UTC, luminousone wrote:
> I have been working on a project and needed a good concurrent
> queue

What does "good" mean? Concurrent queues have so many design
parameters (single reader? single writer? blocking? bounded? etc)
and there is no queue, which performs optimal for every case.

I can recommand this paper (paywalled though):
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=248106

Nevertheless, I believe you rather wanted some comments on your
specific code. I wonder why you implemented spinlocks yourself?
If you write a blocking algorithm, you should probably use the
phobos locks.